The Windlesham Club and Theatre is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and we look after your personal information carefully in line with data protection and privacy laws. Below we detail the information we collect concerning you and how that information is used.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are registered on the Data Protection Public Register. Our Data Protection Registration Number is ZA377471.
Our services may include (without limitation) social media and/or interactive applications, audio visual content, text, photographs, forums, advertising and other product sales which we may offer on our website or media platforms which, for example, may enable you to view our content over a mobile or Wi-Fi network (the “Services”). This policy covers all of the Services and any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as user of our Services. This policy applies to the collection and use of your information by us and parties that we authorise (such as our suppliers and sub-contractors).
The information we collect varies depending on which of our Services you are using. The information that we may collect includes:
- Your name, address, postcode, email address, telephone number and service details (if applicable);
- Information about your use of our Services including details of your internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser version, cookie details, the content you viewed on our Services, how long you stayed and on which pages, and your navigation around the Services;
- Location data from your IP address or by accessing global positioning functionality on your device (e.g. GPS);
- Other data from time to time to help us provide you with improved products and services;
We (or our authorised third parties) may collect information about you:
- When you purchase products on our website or when you otherwise update your details;
- When you contact us with an enquiry or other feedback;
- When you participate in interactivity, for example, when you submit an entry to a competition or prize draw;
- When you disclose your personal information to us or otherwise through the Services at any other point.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR DEVICES
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information may be used by us and our authorised third parties to:
- Monitor, develop and improve the Services and/or your experience;
- Assist in and administer the provision of Services to you;
- Send you or provide you with product and service recommendations;
- Process payments from you to us (where applicable) on our behalf;
- Process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you;
- Contact you with service messages;
- Administer the prize if you are a prize winner, and to publish or otherwise make available a list of prize winners;
- Process a job/volunteer application.
- Held for employment purposes
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as it set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
We regularly send you marketing messages for events happening at the Club. We may:
- Send you information by email about existing and new services and special offers from us;
- Send you information by email about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you; and
To stop receiving marketing communications from us, you can use the ‘unsubscribe’, ‘stop’ or similar facility contained in any such communication or you can email us at the email address set out in “Contact Details” below stating that you do not wish to receive further communications from us.
IS PERSONAL INFORMATION SHARED?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes unless you have specifically given us permission to do so.
We may pass information about you to other parties as follows:
- To third parties working on our behalf such as our employees, contractors, suppliers and/or agents including without limitation our customer care teams to administer the Services provided to you by us now or in the future. However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes;
- Where we have your consent to do so, for marketing communications;
- As part of general statistical information about the Services’ user base, sales patterns and related matters. These details will not include information personally identifying you;
- Where relevant, the user name and some profile information you voluntarily provide may be published on areas of the Services such as forums, chat rooms or pages where user submissions are displayed and this will be the identity by which you are known on those areas. Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available.
Please note this policy does not cover companies, services or applications that we do not own or control, or people that we do not employ or manage, including (without limitation) third party websites or applications/widgets (e.g. from “social media” platforms such as Facebook or Twitter) which we link to or offer via our Services, nor does it cover advertisers. Also, it does not cover certain pages and services provided via our Services which are hosted, managed and operated by other parties. These services, applications and third parties may have their own privacy policies and/or terms and conditions of use, which we recommend you read before using any such services. These third parties and services are wholly independent of us and are solely responsible for all aspects of their relationship with you and any use you may make of such services.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where reasonably possible we use industry-standard technology to allow for the encryption of sensitive information.
Non-sensitive details (your email address, etc.) are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Please always think carefully before disclosing information to other users or otherwise making your information publicly available. It is important that you are aware that any information you disclose to another user may then be disclosed by that user. We have no responsibility or control over the contents of communications made between users of our Services.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION
The accuracy of your information is important to us. Where you register your details for certain Services and open a user account with us that you can then use to access and log on to use those Services, you may change or update some of your details at any time via your account. If you are not registered for these Services but wish to update your details then please contact us (see “Contact details” section below). You should please make sure that you update your details as soon as possible with all relevant changes.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information The Windlesham Club and Theatre holds about you (we may charge £5 for information requests) to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com